Monday, July 16, 2012

It's Monday!

What are you reading?

Thanks to Shelia at Book Journey for hosting this weekly book meme.

Last week was a crazy week, and, unfortunately, not for good reasons. The week started off normally and I was participating (although lightly) in the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon.

But on Wednesday, a coworker's husband passed away very unexpectedly. She got a call in the morning that her husband was being transported to the hospital, but by the time she got, there he had already passed. Needless to say, it was a rough couple of days and I haven't felt much like blogging since then.

However, I was able to read two books last week: Circle of Fire (The Prophecy of the Sister's #3) by Michelle Zink and The Calling by Kelley Armstrong. I haven't posted reviews yet, but hopefully will soon. I also need to post a review of Grave Mercy, which I read the previous weekend.

I'm still working on The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, which I had purposefully set aside to read shorter books for the read-a-thon. I'm about 36 percent in to it and I'm quite enjoying it, I just need to find my reading concentration again. It's not the kind of book I can read while thinking about something else. Once I finish that I hope to start the next in that series, The Prisoner of Heaven, which I received through Edelweiss.

As far as what else I have to pick up...the easier question would be what am I NOT going to pick up! But here are some I have to choose from:

Hell or High Water Joy Castro


I got this one for review through NetGalley. It will be published on July 17 (tomorrow), but I definitely won't be finished by then!

Cold Light Jenn Ashworth

I got this one for review through Edelweiss. It's being published in paperback on October 16, though it it was originally published in April 2011.

Sisters Red Jackson Pearce

This is just one I've been wanting to read, and it was discounted on Amazon, so I got a copy for my kindle.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your co-workers husband. Hope you have a good week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister's Read looks so neat :) Very good witch bad witch vibe going on!

    Happy reading this week!
    The Brunette Librarian Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your co-workers husband, I hope your friend is ok.

    Hell or High Water sounds like a good thriller! Thanks for the heads up on that one :)

    therelentlessreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about the loss of your coworker's husband. How awful! And not to get to say goodbye. My thoughts are with your coworker and her family.

    Your upcoming reading choices sound very interesting. I like the covers on all of them. I'm going to go look them up on Amazon now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the covers for Hell or High Water and Cold Night and they both sound real good:)


    BookJunkieMom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete