Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we we're waiting for.

This week I'm waiting on the third book in the Birthmarked Trilogy. I reviewed the first two in the series, Birthmarked and Prized, yesterday. Despite some flaws, these books were very readable and enjoyable, so I'm happily awaiting the conclusion.

Promised Carah M. O'Brien

Expected publication: October 2, 2012


Summary from Goodreads:

After defying the ruthless Enclave, surviving the wasteland, and upending the rigid matriarchy of Sylum, Gaia Stone now faces her biggest challenge ever. She must lead the people of Sylum back to the Enclave and persuade the Protectorat to grant them refuge from the wasteland. In Gaia’s absence, the Enclave has grown more cruel, more desperate to experiment on mothers from outside the wall, and now the stakes of cooperating or rebelling have never been higher. Is Gaia ready, as a leader, to sacrifice what—or whom—she loves most?

What's interesting about this series is that the first two books establish two different dystopian societies with two similar, yet very different, genetic issues and this third book appears poised to merge the two societies. So really, it could be interesting or a total disaster. Either way, I want to find out!

8 comments:

  1. This one seems pretty interesting :) It's the first time I am hearing about it, but I am def going to check it out (:

    Check out my Wednesday Post :)
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm hoping the third book won't disappoint your waiting! :)

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear!! great pick even though I havent read these books yet XDD

    but sounds terrific!!

    happy reading! and, tomorrow, may the wait be a little bit shorter!


    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check this series out very soon. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I need to catch up with this series! I loved Birthmarked and I really need to read Prized so I can't read this when it comes out! Great pick this week :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower. I love the cover for this. I have the first one. Need to start this series. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of these books before, but they sound super interesting. Plus I've been on a dystopian themed reading binge for a while now, so this sounds like a great addition to that.

    My WoW

    New Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a lovely cover!!!!! I have heard great things about this series but I STILL need to read it lol! I better read it before this one releases :-) Thanks for sharing!

    Following your blog :) Feel free to stop by my blog!
    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete