Friday, June 29, 2012

TGIF: Best I've Read so Far

Thanks to Ginger at GReads for hosting this weekly meme.

Best I've Read so Far: We're halfway through the year (crazy how time flies), which top 3 books are the best you've read so far?

Instead of doing top 3 (because I HATE choosing!) I'll list the books to which I've given 5 stars this year.

Madapple, Christina Meldrum

This one completely surprised me. I loved the writing style and the way Meldrum handled complicated and taboo topics.

Before I Go to Sleep, S. J. Watson

I read this one in one day, I couldn't put it down!

Insurgent, Veronica Roth

Do I even need to explain?

Ship Breaker, Paolo Bacigalupi

I was happy to finally have found a YA dystopia that actually made sense and was well-thought out.

The Shadow of the Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafon


This book reminded me of why I love to read. Can I really say much more than that?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, but Madapple, Ship Breaker and The Shadow of the Wind are now on my TBR list...actually the last one I've been meaning to read for ages! Thanks for sharing.
    <a href="http://krweinert.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/my tgif-001.html>TGIF</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should definitely get to The Shadow of the Wind...I just LOVED it.

      Delete
  2. I have Before I Go to Sleep in my TBR pile - I have heard so many good things about it I can't wait until I get around to it :)

    I will have to check out Ship Breaker :)

    (new follower :))

    My TGIF and FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I couldn't put BIGTS down. One-day read.

      Delete
  3. I loved Before I Go to Sleep and Ship Breaker. I'll have to check out the others you mentioned too.

    ReplyDelete