Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Monday!

What are you reading?

This is a weekly book meme hosted by the lovely Shelia over at Book Journey.

Last week I finally wrote up a review for Dragonswood and re-posted my short 2008 review of The Little Giant of Aberdeen County.

I'm still working on my review of The Shadow of the Wind (which I finished last week)...it was just so good, I feel like I can't do it justice!

I still have Anne Caffrey's Dragonquest on the list from last week, but I set it aside to read a review copy that I'm excited about.


Shadow of Night Deborah Harkness

I got this one from Net Galley! I enjoyed the first one, although when I got to the end I was really mad to find out that it was a series. It will be published on July 10.

I also picked up Circle of Fire (the third book in the Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy) by Michelle Zink from the library. I reviewed the second book Guardian of the Gate back in May. I wasn't thrilled with the last one, but I decided I would finish the trilogy.

I also picked up these books from the library:

The Peculiars, Maureen Doyle McQuerry
The Calling, Kelley Armstrong (Darkness Rising #2)
Grave Mercy, R. L. La Fevers (His Fair Assassin #1)

5 comments:

  1. I really have to read The Discovery of Witches so I can get to read the second one in the series. Enjoy your reading week :) +New GFC follower!
    Here's my It's Monday! post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're reading a lot of books that are in series! I always mean to, but usually read the first and forget to get the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh! So jealous of the sequel to Discovery of Witches. It looks fantastic :) I haven't read the first one but I'm definitely going to read that one this summer. :) Have a lovely reading week!

    What are YOU reading @ The Brunette Librarian??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your books. My favorite read last week was Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 by Kanata Konami. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I tagged you with the Liebster Award on my blog. The post is: http://bookworm8921.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete