Friday, May 25, 2012

TGIF: Show Me Your Cover

Thanks Ginger!

This Friday's Question:

Show Me Your Cover: What are some of the worst book covers, but hold some of the best stories inside? Don't be embarrassed, show us your cover!





Sapphique, Catherine Fisher:

I really love this series and I love Catherine Fisher. But this cover would never entice me if I just saw it sitting on a shelf. It's not that the cover doesn't make sense once you know what the book is about, it's just that it doesn't give newcomers any intuitive idea of the book.

The Prophecy of the Sisters, Michelle Zink:

This is actually the second version of the cover. The first is perfect. Although maybe not the best book ever, I did enjoy reading it and the original cover is much more inline with the tone and the plot of the book. In this book the sisters are pitted against one another in a supernatural prophecy that will claim one of their lives...not getting that so much in this cover.




And, this might be cheating, but this is one of my most favorite covers ever:

Skin Hunger: Kathleen Duey


I picked this one up off a shelf having never heard of it and knew I had to read it. THAT'S a good cover. Which reminds me, Hey Kathleen Duey! Would you write the third book already! I've been waiting for YEARS!!

2 comments:

  1. interesting choices. i haven't heard of any of these books, but you've made a good point about the covers. the first one definitely needs something more to draw you in. ~dixie

    ReplyDelete