Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Insurgent

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

When I read this passage yesterday I knew I had to save it for this meme. (It's also technically not two sentences, but since I identify with the recklessness of the Dauntless, I'm BREAKING THAT RULE!) 

I'm reading this on my kindle so I don't have a page number. But it's the second paragraph of Chapter 3.

What is wrong with you? I shake my head. Pull it together. And that is what it feels like: pulling the different parts of me up and in like a shoelace. I feel suffocated, but at least I feel strong.
Some authors know how to write a strong female character and Veronica Roth is one of them. She doesn't tell us that Tris is strong, she shows us how she is strong. And she's strong because she acknowledges where she is weak and does her best to move forward anyway. I love it.

7 comments:

  1. The liken of pulling herself together to tying shoelaces is so appropriate I could feel the insides of me tightening as well! Lovely teaser :) This book has been topping my TBR list for weeks but I haven't gotten my hands on them yet gah!

    Here's my teaser: http://bookaworld.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/teaser-tuesday-22-may/ Have a happy Tuesday!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting way of describing. I love the imagery the author used. Very appropriate. Thanks for sharing!

    Michelle's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser!!! I love this book! Enjoy! :)

    my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. great teaser! I want to read this! I read Divergent and loved it <3
    my teaser is from Clarity;
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-clarity-by-kim.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her writing! The first book was so good and I can't wait to read this one. Great teaser!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser. I still have to read the first book. I have the first on my tbr pile. I read a bit of the first and it was insanely good.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Maura @ Monster of Books

    ReplyDelete