Monday, May 21, 2012

It's Monday!

This meme is hosted by Shelia from Book Journey.

What are you reading?


Last week I finished and reviewed Madapple, Cinder, and Guardian of the Gate. I also read Before I Go to Sleep, but I haven't reviewed it yet.

I'm currently reading Insurgent, by Veronica Roth, and so far it is fabulous. I'm actually glad Shelia lost contact with the interweebs today because I went to library and got some goodies this afternoon. When the Librarian got home he took one look at the pile and said "you can tell somebody finished her thesis". YAAAASS I did!!

Here's my take:

Fever: The Chemical Garden Trilogy #2, by Lauren DeStefano

Girl of Fire and Thorns: Fire and Thorns #1, by Rae Carson

Dragonswood, Janet Lee Carey (GoodReads doesn't indicate this is part of a series, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE IT)

Prized: The Birthmarked Trilogy #2, Caragh M. O'Brien

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your thesis! Obviously a library trip was the appropriate reward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have 2 books that I need to read soon! I loved Wither and have had Fever since November, but haven't read it & I preordered Insurgent, but haven't gotten to it either. I am having series withdrawal.
    Enjoy Fire and Thorns- it is quite a unique book.

    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to have to check out the Birthmarked series! I love the synopsis of Prized. Dragonswood sounds pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of sophomore series books! And I'm glad you enjoyed Madapple. It's totally the type of book I wish there were more of. I like reading things that are genuinely dark and twisted (wonder what that says about me!?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous line-up of books, I loved Insurgent and enjoyed The Girl Of Fire and Thorns.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing your thesis! It must feel so good to be able to read for fun, completely guilt-free again. You came back from the library with a great haul. I really need to read Fever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your accomplishment! I am looking forward to Fever. Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!!!

    I have Fever and Cinder to get back to reading. I keep getting distracted by other books, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your books. My favorite read last week was the audio of On the Beach by Nevil Shute. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am jealous of your reading list. Congratulations on completion of your thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found out yesterday I was way too dependent on Sheila for filling my Mondays, lol!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your thesis! That must feel great!

    I really want to read Insurgent but haven't gotten to it yet.

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Great Books for Kids and Teens

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  13. from the author's website....Book two of the Wilde Island Chronicles available in bookstores everywhere Jan 5th 2012.

    I didn't see which book came before Dragonswood but added it to my wishlist and ordered Dragon's Keep.

    ReplyDelete